For the Rotterdam control point on this year's curved edition of Relearn, we propose to together attend to a subject zone (•) where different digital network practices intersect. This subject zone can morph into multiple directions throughout the session. Our specific interest is in how publishing formats (••) operate with/on/through this zone.
• There are many questions in the air when we start to speak about digital infrastructures, hosters, servers, services, networks and their technical realities. Instead of picking one and diving deeper, we thought it would be more interesting to present a range and explore different vocabularies, protocols, technologies, infrastructures. We invite you to join Relearn to stretch this zone, starting from or moving towards:
- digital interdependencies
- affective infrastructures
- homebrew networks
- networked entanglements
- feminist servers
- federated networks
- digital autonomy
- transitional infrastructures
- digital selves-organisations
- so-and-sovereignty networks
- out-of-the-cloud thinking
•• We’re curious about learning through publishing formats. The different publishing formats serve as an invitation to embed ourselves within the subject zone of digital networks. How can these formats be our morphable lenses, that we use to relearn digital networks? Starting from or moving towards:
- multiple readers
- cross-readings created through algorithms
- bug reports
- link dumps
Many sub-trajectories can emerge from here during the days, without the need of taking the same path or agreeing about vocabularies or geometries altogether.
The session will take place in Rotterdam and starts on Friday evening (the 7th) in a public setting, followed by two full days of relearning together.
Friday 7th June 20:00 - 22:00
Relearn public evening program: embed yourself into Relearn
Saturday/Sunday 8-9th June 10:00 - 18:00
If you would like to join this Relearn session, please send an email to email@example.com with a short motivation of your interest. We will reply to subscriptions on a regular basis, up to the 26th of May.
Our capacities allow us to have a group of 30 relearners. Our preference goes out to people that can join the whole session (Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday). We will take care of a daily vegetarian lunch (please let us know about allergies or other dietary preferences). Following a tradition from previous years, we will arrange a hosting network in the city and find a place to stay for everyone. Please mention in the email if you need to be hosted or could host one or more relearners in your house.
If you would like to join us only on the Friday evening, there is no need to subscribe, just come over! :)
Date: 7th-9th June 2019
Location: Varia - Gouwstraat 3, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Resources & contact
→ email: firstname.lastname@example.org
→ subscribe to the Relearn mailinglist
→ Relearn’s gitlab repository
→ IRC channel: #relearn on Freenode
→ Photographs of previous Relearn editions can be found in Constant’s gallery
This event is made possible with the support of the Gemeente Rotterdam & Stimuleringsfonds Creatieve Industrie.